Application for No-objection letter

Pursuant to Rule 92 of the Bankruptcy Rules, a discharged bankrupt can apply to the High Court for a certificate of discharge (“the Certificate”). The bankrupt shall contact the trustee to obtain a “Letter Confirming No Objection to Issuance of the Certificate by the High Court” (“No-objection Letter”) for the purpose of the application.

For bankruptcy cases in which the Official Receiver acts as the trustee, the discharged bankrupt can use this service to apply for the No-objection Letter. When submitting the application, the discharged bankrupt should provide his/her name, bankruptcy case number and case year, Hong Kong Identity Card Number or Passport Number (for non-HK Identity Card holder), contact phone number and email address.

For application with information not matching with our records or other issues, staff of the Official Receiver's Office would contact the applicant by phone or email as provided. Once the application is approved, Official Receiver's Office would issue the No-objection Letter to the applicant by email. The applicant should print out and bring the No-objection Letter to the High Court Registry to make the application for the Certificate.

Application Fees

This online service is free of charge.

Submit Online Application for No-objection Letter

Frequently Asked Questions about Online Application for No-objection Letter