Frequently Asked Questions about Online Request for Appointment on Application for Letter of Authorization for Opening / Maintaining Savings Account (“the Authorization Letter”)

Important Notice : Disclaimer

The information provided in this publication is for reference only. The Government gives no express or implied warranty to the accuracy of the information provided in nor will be responsible for the content of this publication.

The Government does not accept any responsibility and liability for any loss or damage whatsoever arising in contract, tort or any cause whatsoever in connection with this publication. The Government is entitled to delete, suspend or edit all information on this publication at any time at its absolute discretion without giving any reason. Users are responsible for making their own assessments of all information contained in or in connection with this publication and are advised to verify the authenticity of such information or seek independent advice before relying on the information.

A:This online service is available for those bankruptcy cases in which the Official Receiver acts as the provisional trustee / trustee. The undischarged bankrupt of the relevant cases can use this online service to submit online request for appointment on application for “Letter of Authorization for Opening / Maintaining Savings Account” (“the Authorization Letter”).
A:You can visit GovHK to submit your online request to the Official Receiver’s Office.
A:Free of charge.
A:Staff of the Official Receiver’s Office would contact you by phone or email as provided if there is any issue concerning your application. Please make sure that you are reachable at the contact phone number / email address provided.
When requested, please come to the Official Receiver's Office at the date and time of the appointment scheduled and bring along the required documents for the subject application as appropriate.
A:Normally, you should receive the telephone call / email notification from the staff of the Official Receiver's Office within 10 working days from the date you submit your request for appointment.
A:For bankruptcy cases in which the Official Receiver is not the provisional trustee / trustee, please contact your provisional trustee / trustee direct.
A:The enquiry hotline of the Official Receiver's Office is 2867 2448. For enquiries, you may call our hotline during office hours, i.e. 8:30 am to 5:45 pm from Monday to Friday, except public holidays.